POSTER CONTEST RULES
1. Posters must feature either Smokey Bear or Woodsy Owl and their slogan. Must not feature both together.
2. Smokey Bear posters must focus on fire prevention and the message: "Remember Only YOU can Prevent Wildfires."
Woodsy Owl posters should focus on the message,
"Lend a Hand - Care for the Land"
and be based on conservation.
3. The entry posters should encourage children to take a personal role either in preventing wildfires or conserving natural resources.
4. Each entry should be 11 x 17 inches in size
5. Materials that can be used: crayons, markers, poster paints, watercolors, etc.
6. NO three dimensional posters, computer-scanned, or electronically generated images will be accepted!
7 Please print the artist's name, address, home phone number, grade level, school, teacher's name, city, and state and sponsoring Garden Club on the back of the poster in the lower right corner.
8. Do not use dark marker for this as it may show through.
9. Posters are to be completed by individual artists.
10. Contestants may enter only one entry per division of EITHER Smokey Bear or Woodsy Owl. Contestant CANNOT enter both.
DIVISION I - First Grade
DIVISION II - Second Grade
DIVISION III -Third Grade
DIVISION IV - Fourth Grade
DIVISION V - Fifth Grade