Grade 1 submits ten (10) birds.*
Grade 2 submits fifteen (15) birds*
*A picture of
the bird with the name of the bird under the picture and anything else you wish on the page.
Grade 3 submits twenty
Grade 4 submits 25 birds**
**A picture of the bird with the name of the bird under the picture
and two or three sentences about the bird. Include anything else you wish on the page.
Grade 5 submits thirty (30)
Grade 6 submits thirty five (35) birds***
***A picture of the bird with the name of the bird under
the picture. Write a paragraph about the bird in the student's own words. Add anything else you wish to fill the page.
1. Enter one book from each grade, 1-6 in the District Contest.
2. Books do not have to be hardback covers.
3. Students do not have to use a new book each year. They may rearrange, redo, and add to last year's book, however,
FIVE NEW BIRDS, with information, is required each year.
4. Title page must have theme "Songs and Wings Over Oklahoma",
Students name, grade, town, district and sponsoring club.
5. The EAGLE, our National bird, should be first then the
Scissor-tail Flycatcher, our State bird, followed by other birds to make the required for each grade.
6. Place picture
of bird on right hand side of page.
7. Information about bird on left hand side of page - opposite the bird's picture.
8. No typed material - Points will be taken off if there is typed material in the book.
9. Extra pages other
than the required number are not permitted.
10. Remove all District awards and comments from winning books.
Cover and Title Page - 10 points
Contents - 60 points
Arrangement and Selection of Materials
- 20 Points.
Neatness and Spelling - 10 points.
Total Points - 100
3rd $2 in all divisions.
DEADLINE: Mail by February 1 to State Bird Chairman.
will be returned to Districts at State Convention.