Division I - Kindergarten - 1st Grade
Division II - Grades 2,3
Division III - Grades 4,5,6
Division IV - Grades 7,8,9
Division V - 10, 11, 12
Division VI - Senior Citizens
1. Wildflower must be drawn on a typewriter size sheet (81/2x11)of paper and be mounted on a 9x12 inch sheet of green construction paper
2. Any media may be used
3. Botanical and common name of wildflower must be at the bottom of the picture
4. Each year a particular wildflower will be selected to learn and study growth habits.
5. Entry must be the work of the contestant.
6. All contestants must be sponsored by a member Garden Club.
8. On Back of poster place: Name, street, town, grade, school, parents's name, Garden Club sponsor, & District.
9. Refer to "Roadside Wildflowers of Oklahoma" by Doyle McCoy
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Art Work - 60 points
True to Color- 20 points
Neatness - 10 points
Overall appearance- 10 points
Total Points 100
Division I,II,III: 1st $10., 2nd $7. 3rd - $5.
Division VI: Certificates only
Deadline: Posters must be mailed to State Wildflower Chairman, immediately after District Judging NO later than February 1.
All prize winning pictures become the property of OGC, Inc. These will be used as exhibits to the public, and may, in time, be returned to the artist.